Tuesday, November 6, 2007

He's Just Not That Into You and Now Everyone Knows It

Look what else popped up on ye olde internets today!

I found this blog awhile back while doing research to make sure no one else had created a blog with the same idea as ours and I've been an avid, although silent, reader ever since. The writer of this blog posted a dating ad on craigslist, received 119 responses, went on almost 30 dates, and has written about all of them. Some were weird, some were sad, some were funny and none of them really panned out but it's been interesting to follow her through these experiences.

Anyway, she wrote this today:
"It all finally just clicked. They are just not that into me."

I am so glad that she's had this realization because some of these posts have pained me, to tell you the truth. Some of these men were exhibiting classic "he's just not that into you" signs and yet she would message them the second she got home from a date, would invite them out after they blew her off, etc. Today's post prompted a huge sigh of relief.

I understand that a lot of people think it's disempowering to admit that someone may not be into them but I actually think it's the opposite. To be able to say "I'm a fantastic person with a full, rewarding life and I'm not going to waste my energy on someone who doesn't get that" is incredibly empowering for me. It allows me to make my life about me and about the people who care about me and not about the people who don't return my phone calls.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Alex said: I understand that a lot of people think it's disempowering to admit that someone may not be into them but I actually think it's the opposite. To be able to say "I'm a fantastic person with a full, rewarding life and I'm not going to waste my energy on someone who doesn't get that" is incredibly empowering for me. It allows me to make my life about me and about the people who care about me and not about the people who don't return my phone calls.

I say: I totally get this and agree with you, Alex. I think you have to have read and fully comprehended "the bible" to really appreciate this. It's genius, and it's true, ladies. It doesn't mean we are any less amazing. It actually means we are more amazing than we previously realized, and like Alex brought out, some people just don't get that. Why waste our time trying to convince them? Why not move on and use our energy to meet the guy who appreciates it like it's a brand new concept every single day?

Alex said...

Hot damn and hell yes. Choir!